The art of wrestling has become very popular in today’s world. It is often watched by patrons in the comfort of their home.
- Post hole digger
- Tape measure
- Metal posts (4*4 diameter)
- Wood planks
- Nuts and washers
- Eye Hooks
- Rope or bungee cord
- Thick Foam pads
- Finalize a basic plan for the measurements of the wrestling ring. Research and think of all the safety precautions that will have to be implemented with its construction.
- Make sure the building area is flat and there are no objects around. Use the tape measure to calculate the measurement of the area and mark off the perimeter of the wrestling ring into the shape of a square (box-like). The wrestling ring’s foundation will be erected about 2 – 3 feet off the ground.
- Use the post hole digger to excavate four holes about 3 – 6 feet deep to put in the four (4) 4*4 diameter metal posts at each corner. When they are firmly in place, mix mortar and pour it into the hole to stabilize the post and allow it to dry and set. Mix the mortar with a shovel, gravel, cement mix and water.
- For this article we will use four (4) 2*8 inch wood planks, 12 ft in length to make the base of the ring. Then use some mattresses to fill in the base of the wring. Then fill up the remaining space with plywood to cover up the 12*12 space and connect them with screws into the 2*8 base of the ring.
- Install the padding with some thick foam mattress pads (about 2 – 3 inches thick) and then use a canvas or tarpaulin to lie over the mat cover. You can sew or tie the edges down.
- Use the drill to make some holes on the outside of the corner posts of the wring and install some eye hooks into the holes using nuts and washers. For each posts put the eye hooks at the exact same location. The turnbuckles will be placed onto the eye hooks. Then use a next set of foam to cover each corner posts
- Use the rope or a bungee cord to connect to each turnbuckle so it can run around as the wrestling ting. This will be the final installment of your wrestling ring. Now you can go ahead and wrestle.
Tips and Warning
- Carefully and thoroughly check and test the wrestling ring, along with the rope running around it to make sure it can sustain the weight of the persons using it.
- You can save time for construction by purchasing premixed cement, but it will costs extra in building costs.
- Do not connect the eye hooks on the corner posts facing the inside of the wrestling ring. Make sure that they are installed on the outside so they don’t cause injury to the users.
- If you are unable to buy or get the real turnbuckles you can use trampoline springs and pull the rope very tight.
- Each person who uses the ring should have a clear understanding of the rules that govern it and should be strongly advised to always adhere to them.