The sport of paintball is becoming a popular sport, especially amongst the younger crowd. The concept is to use compression to force paintballs through a barrel to hit other players. The concept originated from the idea of marking trees or stray cattle by using paint. In order to play this game you have to first have a paintball gun. Making a paintball gun just requires a few basic tools and a couple materials that can be easily sourced. Follow the instructions’ below to make your own paintball gun
- Plumber saw
- Nail drill
- Plumber’s tape
- PVC pipe (about 1 inch long or more depending on how long you want your barrel)
- PVC barrel
- PVC nipple
- PVC ball valve
- PVC end cap
- PVC reducer
- PVC elbows (2)
- PVC tees (2)
- Fire replacement valve
- PVC elbow
- Take the 1 inch PVC pipe and cut two pieces of equal length from it. Then insulate the ends by covering the threads on the PVC pipe with plumbers tape.
- Take one of the PVC pipe pieces and join the two (2) PVC elbow on the ends with primer and cement, in that specific order . Make sure both PVC elbows are pointing in the same direction.
- Take the PVC tees and attach it to the other PVC pipe on either side, using once again primer and cement. Label the PVC tee, naming one as “AZ” and the other side as “BX” and fix each end to the end of the PVC pipe.
- Connect the two (2) pieces of PVC to each other at both ends using primer and cement, so it forms a box-like shape.
- Use a nipple and attach it to the end of the PVC tee marked “BX”, then screw the ball valve into the nipple. Then screw the barrel into the ball valve.
- Drill a hole in the end cap to insert the tire valve. Fasten the tire valve into the end cap and secure it with glue. Cut another length of PVC pipe about 9 inches in length.
- Take the open end if the tee labeled “AZ” and attach the PVC pipe with cement. Then cement the end cap of that same PVC pipe. Then allow the paintball gun to dry for 1 – 2 days.
Tips and Warning
- Unless persons playing with the paintball gun are properly protected, it is not suggested that you play games with it.
For more information on How to Build a Paintball Gun read: